This resource from Practical Action is aimed at Key Stage 2 pupils (aged 7-11 years). It offers great cross curricular opportunities for pupils to explore the difference that growing pumpkins can make to the lives of people living in flood affected regions in Bangladesh.
The materials include:
- Science investigations on pumpkin lifecycle and seed germination
- Design and technology activities based on making seed packets
- Nutritional information, a pumpkin recipe, and suggestions for pupils to create their own recipes
- A maths activity focusing on coordinates and calculations linked to the project
- Geography and Global citizenship tasks exploring Bangladesh and ways to address poverty.
All the materials including PowerPoint presentations, teacher’s notes, pupil activity sheets, a poster and links to images are free to download. Teachers can also order free A2 poster(s) to support the activities.
Schools are also invited to engage with fundraising activities to support the project in Bangladesh
Leave a comment