GLADE – Global Learning And Development Education Centre
GLADE supports global learning and development education in schools, early years, youth and community settings by providing:
• training courses & workshops on global learning & development education, eg: human rights and social justice, sustainable development, interdependence, equality and diversity, global citizenshipEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: http://www.glade.org
• linking and partnership support and advice including school partnerships and community linking, community cohesion
• workshops & activities with young people on global issues such as child rights, trade justice, action for change
• resource loans of Country Collections & Literacy Collections, Global Topic Boxes, Big Books, simulation games for global learning
• innovative projects that promote global understanding and local action.
Global Education Derby
Global Education Derby is a specialist educational organisation, working across Derby, Derbyshire and the East Midlands encouraging active participation in initiatives that address global poverty and environmental degradation. They work with teachers, youth workers, and other educators to promote increased awareness of the importance of global citizenship in the lives of young people, and to offer opportunities for reflective, creative and innovative work that develop the themes of sustainable development within the policies and practices of the education system.Email: email@example.comWebsite: http://www.globaleducationderby.org.uk
Global Link (DEC)
Global Link’s mission statement reads, ‘Creative Learning and Action for a Fair and Sustainable World’. Our aims are to increase awareness of the global dimension and empower people to make changes for a more fair and sustainable world. Our projects include:
• developing the capacity of artists with roots in the global south to work in school,
• delivering an Understanding Development course with CAFOD volunteers,
• delivering a P4C course with local community facilitators,
• working with the University of Cumbria to embed the Global Dimension into Teacher Training Courses,
• and developing new participatory methodologies to engage pupils in the secondary science curriculum.
Global Link has designed and built three multi-medium exhibitions. The first, Escape to Safety provides an experience of what it is like to be an asylum seeker. The second, Trucking with Climate Change raises awareness of the impacts of Climate Change, and the third is about the legacy of persecution and scapegoating, marking the 400th anniversary of the Lancashire Witch Trials and contemporary accusations of witchcraft in Southern Nigeria.
We also host accredited Global Youth learning activities, to raise awareness about the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) and poverty reduction, including street games, United Nation ‘Summits’ and learning simulations.Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: http://www.globallink.org.uk
Global Thinking offers training and consultancy to schools, local authorities, initial teacher education departments and youth and community based organisations who are preparing young people for life in a global society. Our training programmes and workshops are inspirational and highly practical, enabling participants to share good practice in global learning and apply this to the context of their own school and community.Email: email@example.comWebsite: http://www.global-thinking.org.uk